Last Modified: November 7, 2018
Information We Collect – When you use the Site, we may collect personal information from you, meaning information about you that can uniquely identify you. This information comes directly from you, and is often provided when you purchase a MedStudy product or service, or sign up for a study course or free trial on the Site, or if you otherwise choose to provide us with such information. The information collected includes but is not limited to your name, address, telephone number, MedStudy account password and email address. For purchases, we collect payment information from you. Additionally, we collect information about you that may not uniquely identify you, such as general demographic information, if you choose to provide us with such information. We collect this information in various ways, including if you sign up for a mailing list or request information from us by filling in a form on the Site or a survey, register for an account on the Site, or purchase products or services on the Site.
In addition, when you visit the Site, we may collect certain information by automated means, using tracking tools such as cookies, web beacons or pixels, and other tracking technologies. A “cookie” is a small text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or store information or settings in the browser. Web beacons or pixels are electronic files to count users who have visited a page on the Site, to track activity over time and across different websites, to determine a users’ interactions with emails we send, to identify certain cookies on the computer or other electronic device accessing the Site, or to collect other related information. The information we collect by automated means may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- • information about the devices you use to access the Site (such as IP address and type of device, operating system type, and web browser);
- • dates, times, and duration of visits to the Site (including whether you are a repeat or first-time visitor); and
• information on actions taken on the Site (such as adding items to the shopping cart, page views, time spent within a product, and site navigation patterns).
How We Use the Information We Collect – We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- • To register you for an account on the Site and manage and maintain your account
- • To provide products or services you request
- • To analyze our current product and service offerings and to help identify our customer’s current and future needs
- • To respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support
- • To enhance your shopping experience
- • To analyze trends and statistics
- • To administer and fulfill our contests and other promotions
- • To communicate with you about our products and services and our offers, events, and promotions
- • To comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards
- • To display advertisements on other websites
In addition, MedStudy may use information collected through cookies to assist our returning registered visitors with the log-in process. We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Visiting the Site may set a remarketing cookie in your browser for an advertising network. These cookies allow the advertising network to display related advertisements on other websites.
Your Choices – We offer you the following choices about which information we collect from you and how we communicate with you:
- Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the Site’s features.
- You may choose which email communications you receive from us by clicking on the “update your email preferences” or “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our emails or by adjusting your email preferences using your account on the Site.
- Remarketing and Analytics. You may also opt out of various third-party remarketing and tracking services at the National Advertising Initiative http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information – You can review and change your personal information by logging into your account on the Site and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us.
Information Security – MedStudy implements security measures in an effort to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, alteration, disclosure, or destruction. Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective.
Children Under the Age of 13 – The Site is not directed to, and MedStudy does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from, children under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1455 Quail Lake Loop
Colorado Springs, CO 80906